Looking backward, looking forward
Where do we stand at the end of 2022?
• reached the mark of 210 Influencers or groups interviewed. Look at the list of the Influencers. Influencers are all those who have a more than average influence in the areas where they are involved in;
• organized 12 Master Your Mind-platform sessions in 2022 (see list of the books we presented below) often having more presenters present parts of a book. We participated again in Global Enterprise Week by discussing the book “The surrender experiment” presented by multiple presenters.
We will continue to:
- offer different types of workshops aimed at enabling greater personal mastery over their emotions and life skills. We are currently finalizing PJ-14 and have PJ-15 underway. We have had 60 attendees attend our workshops over the past 3 years, since October 2019. PJ stand for a 15 weeks or 6 weeks, ‘Personal Journey, Emoshon kiko e ta?’ Our Journeys are offered by Curemotions. This website was launched in August 2022. It is a collaboration between Haydee Hermans (Soul Garden Curaçao), O’dennis Daal (Master Your Mind- Consultancy and Training), and Ivan Kuster (Uplifting BV). Go to www.curemotion.cw for more information;
- collaborate and be an active Partner of Vision Curaçao2030 initiated by Miguel Goede, as our efforts need a vision for the island. The vision is an effort of all those willing to actively work towards the achievement of this vision or willing to help adjust this vision in their area so that adds value to this visionary process. On the 15th of November 2022, there was another “meet up” via zoom organized jointly by Share2uplift and Vision2030, and on the 16th of December, there was a Year Review via a zoom meeting organized by Vision2030 and Share2Uplift. The Vision2030 award 2022 was offered this year to ‘Kaya Kaya’.
We started in 2022 with:
• our “Train-the-trainers” based on “Emoshon kiko e ta?” course offered by Curemotions to those who have attended our Personal Journey, as a way to scale up;
• offering sessions to larger groups (bigger than 5 attendees) as another way to scale up our impact.
In the next phase of the “Restoration agenda” that is underway locally and in The Netherlands, after the apologies of the Dutch government on the 19th of December 2022, because of their role in the slave trade in the past, there will be a focus on the re-education of people on all 6 Dutch Caribbean islands, Surinam and the Netherlands. This means that the workshops and other interventions Curemotions offer, have grown in importance, as we teach people how to master and release their unpleasant (trapped) emotions. If we want to change our mindsets to more constructive mindsets, people need to Regulate their emotions so that they can Relate better to themselves and others, to be able to Reason better. The interventions we offer as Curemotions can contribute to this. For more information on mindsets, go to this website www.vision2030.net and go especially to this link related to mindsets 2030 https://www.curacao2030.net/mindset-2030. For more information of the course we offer as Curemotions, go to www.curemotion.cw
What is our goal for 2023?
The goal of the Share2Uplift movement is to: “Identify 250 ethical leaders from all walks of life to connect, align and create impactful changes in all walks of life.”
We believe that if we continue with our efforts to interview Influencers every single week this year we will have interviewed at least 250 (by end of 2023). We expect that we will have reached a critical momentum by the end of this year that will ultimately help accelerate connections, collaborations, and the creation of impactful changes on our way to a better island.
What activities shall we undertake to reach this goal?
We will continue to:
- interview Influencers, including diaspora living elsewhere in the world, willing to constructively connect, and align to create impactful changes in Curaçao;
- present books in our monthly Master Your Mind platform online sessions every 3rd Tuesday of the month, increasingly via group presentations of books to accelerate the increase of insights of participants interested in personal growth;
- offer a myriad of workshops aimed at enabling those interested in their personal development, especially those interested in the mastery of their emotions via “Emoshon kiko e ta? Ki efekto e tin?”;
- offer “train-the-trainers”-programs on “Emotional Mastery”;
- offer organizations the possibility to help build the competency “emotional mastery”. By doing this we will create a ripple effect with strong roots, where more people can enable others with mastery over “Emotions and living Intentionally” in all walks of life;
- continue to be involved in Curaçao Vision 2030 efforts to manifest the vision via a bottom-up approach. In that sense we applaud efforts by Kolektivo (go to Kolektivo https://www.kolektivo.cw/) and Plataform Otrobanda (Involved in building a strong barrio in Otrobanda) and we will also work to help create new networks of people collaborating to help create more synergies, for example in the cultural area and work towards involvement of younger generations in our work;
- work on the possibility to via www.share2uplift.org all those interested, can search for Influencers that are active within a certain area and take initiatives to connect, collaborate, align and create impact. This irrespective of our direct mediation. At this moment, we have an alphabetic order of the Influencers we interviewed Look at the list of the Influencers;
- Consciously look for collaborations with other persons, groups, and networks that are working on addressing emotions, mindsets, and behavioral changes in Curaçao, and by joining forces put “Emotions on the national agenda” as it is a subject matter that needs priority attention, especially after the apologies offered by the Dutch government because of their role in the slave trade in the past.
List of the books we presented in our Master Your Mind-platform sessions 2022
- Radical Forgiveness, Colin Tipping. Think and grow Rich, Napoleon Hill (January 2022)
- Meta Human, Deepak Chopra. Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill (February 2022)
- When the body says no, Gabor Mate. Think and grow Rich, Napoleon Hill (March 2022)
- Do it scared, Ruth Soukup. De zeven vinkjes, Joris Luyendijk (April 2022)
- What happened to you? Bruce Perry Oprah Winfrey. Pioniers van de welvaart, Kees Klomp Nadine Maarhuis (May 2022)
- The autonomy of Peace, Arbinger Institute. Emotions revealed, Paul Ekman (June 2022)
- Omarm de chaos, Jan Rotmans en Mischa Verheijden. The Buddha and the Badass: The Secret Spiritual Art of Succeeding at Work, Vishen Lakhiani (July 2022)
- Habits of a happy mind, Loretta Graziano Breuning. You are a bad ass, Jen Sincero (Augustus 2022)
- I didn’t start with me, Mark Wolynn. Can’t hurt me, David Goggins (September 2022)
- Inner engineering, Sadghuru. The Highly sensitive person, Elaine Aron (October 2022)
- The surrender experiment, Michale Singer (November 2022)
- Nos Kultura, Dr. Stella Pieter Kwiers. From Objective to Subjective Social Barriers, Dr. A.F. Paula (December 2022)